Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Retirement Information

Is Retirement in Your Future?

KTRS Retirement Reference Guide


Congratulations on your decision to retire! Listed below are some items you may want to keep in mind as you progress through the retirement process.

Submit a letter addressed to Personnel of your intent to retire with the effective date of retirement on the 1st day of the month you wish to retire.

Acquire your KTRS retirement application from Frankfort by calling 1-800-618-1687. You complete pages 1 - top of page 5, I will complete bottom of page 5 and page 6 and return to you to mail. If there are any changes to page 6 between the time I complete the form and the date of retirement, I will revise that page and send to KTRS. (example, more sick days used, etc.)

If you have a lump sum pay-out for sick days and wish to rollover your pay-out to the Kentucky Employees Deferred Compensation, a copy of the deferral is needed so that the money can be disbursed to Deferred Comp. You may contact Kentucky Employees Deferred Compensation directly at 1-800-542-2667, or call our area representative Neil Arnold at 859-806-2211 for questions about the rollover process. 



Warren County Schools



Payroll Department

Carrie Huffer

Jamie James

Additional Info