Google Apps for Education
- Socrative brings smart clickers to a whole new level and helps teachers to engage the entire classroom with educational quizzes. Teachers can easily create different type of exercises (multiple choice, true/false, etc.) and the app can help you save time with grading and lesson planning. Student responses can be viewed immediately on a graph and the app will even email you a report. This is a perfect management tool for teachers!
- Explain Everything is an app with a whiteboard type interface that has many capabilities. The app allows you to record audio/video, ad annotations, crop images, insert live web pages, import and export a big range of file types and has an impressive list of editing options. Explain Everything is a must have application for any teacher that wants a powerful screen casting tool.
- Edmodo makes a teacher’s daily life easier by providing a safe and easy way for teachers and students to engage and collaborate. If you’re not familiar with Edmodo you need to know that it is a private communication platform that will allow users to access their homework, grades, school notices, share useful information and send reminders. Imagine the perfect classroom activity feed powered by one of the best tools for classroom management.
- Teach by Knowmia is a new free lesson planning and recording tool for teachers and their students. It helps you create short video lessons on any subject and publish them on Knowmia.com so students, other teachers and the public can find them. A great feature of the app is that it allows teachers to use the iPad’s camera to record themselves while drawing on the screen so that students can see them while they explain the lesson.
- Random Student Picker-this app is designed for teacher who want to quickly and easily pick students at random to answer questions, complete tasks or join groups. Classes can be added by entering names or copying and pasting. Once saved, these classes are the always available. Students are shown as green (available for selection), blue (been selected) or grey (unavailable for selection e.g. if the student is absent)
The Celly Android App on Google Play
Celly is a rich group communication suite:
(and a free service!)
-Group texting with optional curation: exchange messages with everyone in your cell, or enable curation mode and moderate messages before the whole group sees them.
-Privacy Controls: create public or private cells without having to share your phone # or personal information. Set who can join your group and how. Public cells can be shared on the web and work like a group twitter.
-No Group Size Limits: No member or messaging limits. Great for conferences, large events, or connecting your whole school!
-Alerts and Reminders: Send scheduled reminders and alerts so your cell members don’t miss important events.
-Group Polling: Send polls to get instant feedback. Members reply with the number of their choice or click to vote in the app.
-Synchronized with the Celly website: all your messages are automatically synced to http://cel.ly , where you can send texts, polls, link multiple cells together into a network, and even track twitter and RSS feeds.