FRC Mission Statement:
The mission of the Lost River Family Resource Center is to enhance student's ablities to succeed in school by assisting children, youth, and families in meeting some of their basic needs. This is done by providing community services at the center or by linking families to agencies in their communitiy.
What services does a Family Resource Center provide?
- Assistance with after school child care for children ages 4-12, after school and summer recreational programs
- Education to enhance parenting skills and education for preschool children--BORN learning for parents with children ages 0-5
- Families in Training, which shall consist of an integrated approach to home visits, group meetings, and monitoring child development for new and expectant parents
- Christmas Assistance
- Health Services or referral to health services
- Coordination of parent volunteer programs
- Assistance with the drug prevention and safe schools programs and more
- Educational Support
- Student & Family Support
- Lending Library