Manipulated Image: Light to Dark
By: Rachael H.
1. I used Photoshop and inserted the original image.
2. I cropped the photo to cut some of the brick wall out.
3. I made a copy of the original image.
4. Then on the copy I adjusted the Hue/Saturation and the Curves to make it darker.
5. I added a blue photo filter to the photo.
6. Next, on the background copy I added two layer masks. One to add selective color and one to adjust the brightness/contrast.
7. Then I made another copy of the original image and adjusted the Hue/Saturation to make it brighter and adjusted the Curves to also make it brighter.
8. I also added warming filter 81 to the photo.
9. I then added a layer mask to the previous step’s layer and poured the Black Paint bucket to bring the darkness from step 5’s layer onto this layer.
10. Then I selected the layer mask from step 9 and took the paint brush in white paint and brought light back into the photo onto lamps and windows.