Manipulated Image Product - JFK
By: Caleb K.
Steps of the Project –
- Insert original image into Photoshop.
- I selected all the grass in the image and split It into its own layer.
- Then I added an adjustment layer and edited the saturation of the grass.
- Inserted the American Flag into a new layer.
- I created a layer mask to match the size of the gravestone.
- Then I painted over the gravestone bringing the flag out.
- Next I lowered the opacity of the flag so you could properly read the inscription.
- I created another adjustment layer to change the remaining parts of the image to black and white.
- Then I duplicated the layer mask onto the black and white image to give back the color to the real flag next to the grave.