Teachers nominate a deserving student! Students nominate a deserving teacher! One student from each grade level and two faculty/staff members will be selected each month. See details and nomination forms below.
- Each month of the school year, teachers’ grades 9-12 will nominate students to receive a student of the month award. Staff and students will also nominate one teacher each month to receive the award.
- A student who has been selected “Student of the Month” will not be eligible again during that school year.
- Any student or staff member may nominate staff members each month.
- No anonymous nominations will be accepted. The student or staff member making the nomination must sign the nomination form. Online nominations are signed by using your personal email address and emailing your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student nominations should be based on the following criteria:
- Student’s positive influence on the GHS student body through exemplary qualities of the SWAMP acronym.
- Student’s involvement in extracurricular activities, clubs, leadership events, and community events.
- Student’s ability to maintain a minimum of a “C” average.
- Nomination forms should be given to, or emailed to, Mrs. Medley for preparation of the ballot by the 20th of the month for consideration in the next month.
- Students and teachers selected as “Student of the Month” and “Teacher of the Month” will be recognized in the following ways:
- Exhibit in the prominent location in the school. (Parents contacted for the information and exhibit items, such as pictures, certificates, etc.)
- Certificate of recognition
- School intercom announcement
- School newspaper
- Gator Happenings
- Vine videos
- GHS twitter
- Click on the links below for online nomination form. You must be signed in to Google to acces the forms.
GHS Student of the Month Nomination Form
GHS Teacher/Staff Member of the Month Nomination Form