Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

Seventeen WCPS Schools Qualify for CEP Program

Free Meals


Community Eligibility Program (CEP) Sites: The Warren County Public Schools district is participating in the free breakfast and lunch program for 2019-2020 in the following CEP schools: 

Warren Elementary

Day Treatment Center 

Lost River Elementary 

Lighthouse Academy 

Oakland Elementary 

Bristow Elementary 

Richardsville Elementary 

Warren Central High School 

Henry F. Moss Middle 

Warren East Middle 

Rockfield Elementary 

Alvaton Elementary 

Briarwood Elementary 

William H. Natcher Elementary 

North Warren Elementary 

Warren East High School 

Jennings Creek Elementary 


The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) allows these eligible schools to provide meal service to all students at no charge, regardless of economic status. Please be sure to fill out a Household Income Form (HIF) to assist your CEP school with needed information to support education funding for other programs in your school. Non-CEP Sites: National School Lunch Program and National School Breakfast Program forms will be sent to all homes with a letter to parents or guardians in the following non-CEP schools: 

Cumberland Trace Elem

Drakes Creek Middle

Jody Richards Elementary

South Warren Middle

Plano Elementary

Greenwood High School

Rich Pond Elementary

South Warren High School 


Policy for Free and Reduced Price Meals 

Any interested person may review a copy of the policy by contacting Ms. Gina Howard, Director of Nutrition and Dining Services, Warren County Schools, 303 Lovers Lane, P.O. Box 51810, Bowling Green, Kentucky, 42102-6810; telephone (270) 781-5150. Household size and income criteria will be used to determine eligibility. Children from families whose income is at or below the levels shown may be eligible for Free or Reduced Price Meals. An application cannot be approved unless it contains complete eligibility information. Once approved, meal benefits are good for an entire year. You need not notify the organization of changes in income and household size. Application forms are being sent to all homes with a letter to parents or guardians. To apply for Free or Reduced Price Meals, households must complete the application and return it to the school. Additional copies are available at the principal’s office in each school. The information provided on the application will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility and may be verified at any time during the school year. Applications may be submitted at any time during the year. Households that receive SNAP or KTAP are required to list on the application only the child’s name, SNAP / KTAP case number, and signature of adult household member. 

Foster children will receive benefits (i.e., free, reduced-price, or paid) based on information submitted on the household application or information received from an appropriate agency. 

Households with children who are considered migrants, homeless, or runaway should contact the district liaison, Todd Hazel, Student Assistance Coordinator, at (270) 781-5150. 

For the purpose of determining household size, deployed military members are considered a part of the household. Families should include the names of the deployed service members on their application. Report only that portion of the deployed service member’s income made available to them or on their behalf to the family. 

Additionally, a housing allowance that is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative is not to be included as income. All other households must provide the following information listed on the application: 

• Total household income listed by gross amount received, type of income (e.g., wages, child support, etc.) and how often the income is received by each household member; 

• Names of all household members; 

• Signature of an adult household member certifying the information provided is correct; and 

• The last four digits of the social security number of the adult signing the application or the word “NONE” for this household member if he or she does not have a social security number. If a household member becomes unemployed or if the household size changes, the school should be contacted. Such changes may make the student eligible for reduced price or free meals. Under the provisions of the Free and Reduced Price meal policy, Cameran Smith, (270) 781-5150, will review applications and determine eligibility. If a parent or guardian is dissatisfied with the ruling of the official, he or she may wish to discuss the decision with the determining official on an informal basis. If the parent wishes to make a formal appeal, he or she may make a request either orally or in writing to Mr. Rob Clayton, Superintendent, 303 Lovers Lane, P.O. Box 51810, Bowling Green, KY 42102-6810, (270) 781-5150. In accordance with the Sponsor’s disclosure agreement, the information on the Free and Reduced Price Meal application may be used by the school system in determining eligibility for other educational programs. 

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/ complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1)mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2)fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3)email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



Back to School News      Print News Article