Meet Mrs. Casey
Hello! I am Manda White Casey, and I am so fortunate to join the Jody Richards family this year as a First Grade Teacher! This will be my 20th year in education. Every day is exciting, challenging, and rewarding. I love working with my students and teammates each day!
I also love my family. My husband has always supported my creativity and classroom projects. He and my 7-year-old son are my biggest fans and my most supportive teammates! Our dog, ROCKET, has even made a few appearances at my school.
A Few Things About Me
1. I have a Master's Degree in Literacy from Western Kentucky University and a Bachelor's Degree in Early Elementary Education, also from Western Kentucky University.
2. My certification is for grades K-6, and I have taught every one of those grades at least once. I have also taught Title I Math and Gifted and Talented.
3. I love to read. I love nonfiction, fiction, and children's literature. I try to stay up-to-date on young adult literature as well.
4. I love to teach reading, especially early reading. I also enjoy teaching older readers how to be better readers and how to understand textbooks.
4. I love to teach math. I like to make teaching math fun!
5. I love to teach science, especially life science.
6. I think it is important to move while you learn, talk while you learn, talk ABOUT what you learn, and write about what you learn.