JRES will follow the Warren County Board of Education Dress Code, along with the specific areas highlighted below.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no shorter than mid-thigh (approximately fingertip) length.
- Yoga type tight shorts/pants and or leggings may only be worn under untucked mid-thigh length (approximate fingertip) dresses/skirts/shirts.
- Shoes are required at all times. All sandals and shoes must have a back strap. High heel shoes and roller blade type “heelies” are not allowed. Sneakers are required for physical education class. On special designated spirit days that allow slippers, students must travel to and from school in regular shoes and then change into slippers.
- Pants must be worn at the waist and must remain there consistently through normal activity, without having to be held up by the hands.
- Shirts should cover the midriff with all normal movement and be an appropriate neck length. If the shirt is sleeveless, it must have wide shoulder straps and no large armholes. Thinner “spaghetti” type straps are only allowed in grades K-2.
- Hooded shirts may be worn to school, but inside the building, hoods will remain off the head.
- Sunglasses shall not be worn inside the school building without a medical excuse; a doctor’s note must be presented beforehand. Sunglasses will be allowed inside the school building on designated spirit days and may also be worn outside at recess for sun protection.
- Hats may not be worn inside the school building unless they are necessary for health/safety purposes; a doctor’s note must be presented beforehand. Hats may be worn outside during recess for sun protection and inside the school building for religious reasons or on special designated spirit days.
- Hair shall be clean and well groomed. Distracting extremes shall not be permitted.
- Patches, emblems, and clothing depicting vulgarity, offensive themes, or advertising alcoholic beverages or illegal substances shall not be permitted.
A good student leader dresses for a successful day of learning!