* NTI Days * Parents - Please Read about Communication during NTI Days
During our NTI days starting on March 16, I will be communicating through the following ways.
(1) Remind messages each day (Please see the Remind codes for you child's class at the bottom to sign up if you haven't already)
(2) Google Classroom: All our assignments are through your child's Google Classroom as each student already has an account. I will post on here each day for our daily check-in & any announcements or assignments. We will be using a variety of different assignments including reading analysis, video clips, on-line reviews, & a weekly video chat by me that will start during the week of March 23.
Abe's Babes (2nd period M/W) Code to join (rjw2qin)
Lil' Skinny (2nd period T/Th) Code to join (esporfb)
Yung' Skinny (3rd period M/W) Code to join ZK6h42L
Da' Pandas (3rd period M/W) Code to join dhmyybd
(3) MyAP.collegeboard.org for APUSH students when we do reviews for the AP Exam
(4) Emails...my email address in firstname.lastname@example.org
(5) Infinite Campus...I will try to update grades 1-2 times a week
I am very excited about starting my 26th year of teaching as a member of Spartan Nation! I spent the first 23 years teaching at Warren Central High School where I graduated from in 1989. I am also a graduate of WKU (93') & I also received my Rank I through the National Board Certification in 2006. I will be teaching the AP U.S. History Skinny classes this year in addition to Regular U.S. History. I look forward to serving the students at SWHS & working with the administration, staff & teachers! My passion is teaching history to others as I enjoy seeing students learn history through role-plays, debates, discussions, & analyzing primary sources. I enjoy role-playing different characters & having special guests bring history to life in the classroom! Nathaniel Bacon, Chief Pontiac, Alexander Hamilton,George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Abe Lincoln, William Jennings Bryan, FDR, Richard Nixon, & Ronald Reagan have been known to visit our classroom. My wife and I are blessed with two children (12-year-old Savannah & 7-year-old Keegan). They are starting new schools this year as Savannah will be attending SWMS & Keegan will be attending Rich Pond. My wife works in our school's cafeteria, & we are all excited about being part of the Spartan community. We are members of Living Hope Baptist Church. We are huge fans of WKU Basketball and Football. In my spare time I like playing golf, taking walks and being with my family. In the summer I enjoy teaching at WKU's Vampy program for gifted students as I teach the Presidential Politics Class. Thank you for the privilege of allowing me to work with your child as I look forward to beginning our journey into examining the story of our nation's history!
I encourage all students, parents & guardians to join your child's classroom Remind.
To join APUSH Remind for SWHS-APUSH-19-20 text @swhsapu to 81010
To join U.S. History Remind for SWHS-Jenkins U.S. History 4th Period text @swhsje to 81010
If you would like to see pictures of our class or Spartan related activities you may follow on Twitter @mrdjenk
You may email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
With Spartan Pride,