Students are expected to dress in a manner which promotes a positive learning environment. Students should dress appropriately and avoid extremes in dress, cosmetics, and hairstyle.
The following guidelines are requirements for student dress during the school day:
- Outer garments should be of acceptable length and completely cover the torso.
- NO cleavage, midriff, or any portion of the chest should show.
- Shoulder straps should cover a majority of the shoulder. This includes tops worn under sheer garments.
- Shorts and pants should be worn at waist level and should remain there during normal activity.
- Shorts/skirts/dresses should extend to the fingertips while students are standing in a normal position.
- Undergarments should not be visible at any time.
- Extremely tight or extremely oversized clothing is prohibited.
- No holes are allowed in clothing above the fingertips.
- No racer backs.
- No side torso should be visible at any time.
- Headgear such as hats, caps, bandanas, visors, sunglasses, or headdresses may not be worn unless they are necessary for health or safety purposes or cultural/religious requirements. Such items should be placed in lockers or backpacks and should not be visible throughout the school day.
- Pajamas or house shoes/slippers may not be worn.
- Blankets are not permissible.
- Inappropriate symbols/pictures/advertisements on any article of clothing or the body is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to the promotion of alcohol, tobacco, or vulgarity and sexually explicit or racially inappropriate materials.
- Trench coats or full-length overcoats are not to be worn during school hours.
- See-through and/or cut-away style garments that expose any part of the body normally covered by dress code is prohibited.
- Jewelry or chains should not be distracting or warrant health or safety problems.
- Hairstyles should not be distracting or extreme.
Administrators may modify the dress code on pre-announced days.
Proper outerwear may be provided if students cannot contact someone to bring suitable clothing