- Western Kentucky University 1976 Bachelor of Music Education
- Western Kentucky University 1995 Master of Arts in Education, Music
- Bowling Green Human Rights Commission Women of Achievement Award in the Arts 2008
- Third District Elementary Music Teacher of the Year 2009
- Inducted into Western Kentucky University Department of Music Wall of Fame 2010
- Oboist and Staff Arranger for Orchestra Kentucky
My experience as a teacher is quite varied. I began teaching high school and middle school chorus at Franklin Simpson in 1977, but then took off several years to have 3 daughters (Hannah, Rachel and Miriam). I went back to teaching in 1985 and taught 7 years at Bethany Academy in Minneapolis Minnesota, then returned to KY and taught at Franklin-Simpson 8 more years.
I was in a serious accident and had to leave teaching for a while but was pursuaded to teach 3 sections of Mus. 311 at WKU. I did this for 3 1/2 years. During this time I was healing from my injury and a friend who was the music teacher at Richardsville (Marla Sowers) talked me into applying for the music position at Richardsville which she would be leaving. I wasn't sure I could physically go back to teaching but I prayed about it and here I am! I taught at Richardsville for 13 years, and the last 6 I have also taught at Jody Richards Elementary. Last year, 2017-18 was my first year to be full-time at Jody Richards Elementary. This website will contain information about what we are doing in music.
I am married to a wonderful husband (Michael) who is also a musician (French horn) and teaches math at TC Cherry. We met in college and have been married for 43 years. We have 9 grandchildren and a very naughty Yorkie named Paul McCartney.