Club Sponsor: Mrs. Howard
Book Lovers Club is for any SWMS student who enjoys reading and talking about reading. We meet in the SWMS Media Center from 2:30-3:30 the 1st and 3rd Thursday every month. This year, we are focusing on "reading outreach" for our meeting on the 1st Thursday (specific dates below) and collaborating with WCPL (Warren County Public Library) on the 3rd Thursday of the month (topics/dates below).
Our first meeting will be Thursday, August 16th with WCPL. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Reading Outreach Dates*:
- September 6th
- December 6th
- January 3rd
- February 7th
- May 2nd
WCPL Book Talk Dates:
- August 16 - Getting to know you and your public library
- September 20 - Choose Your Own Adventure
- October 18 - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Movie/Book meeting (Part 1)*
- November 15 - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Movie/Book meeting (Part 2)*
- No WCPL meeting in December
- January 17 - Members Choice:
- Break Out Meeting or Choose Your Own Adventure game
- February 21 - To Kill a Mockingbird Movie/Book meeting (Part 1)
- March 21 - o Kill a Mockingbird Movie/Book meeting (Part 2)
- April 18 - Poetry Slam
*Completed permission slip required for participation in Reading Outreach and movie meetings.
“4 Ways to Host a Better Book Club.” Tips on Hosting a Successful Book Club, Lisdemo.libguides.com/, 20 Mar. 2016, www.montezumaland.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/bookclub-tshirt-moustache.png.