Students across Kentucky are required to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). The Career Cruising ILP Tool is designed to help students bring together their academic achievements, extracurricular experiences, and career and education exploration activities. This enables the student, parents or guardians, teachers, and counselors to work together to develop a course of study that meets the student’s needs and goals
The student ILP tool allows students to:
- Record their career, education, and life goals
- Bookmark careers and schools that interest them
- Record their thoughts about the careers and schools that they have saved
- Explore the Kentucky Career Clusters and track the clusters that interest them
- Store their results from standardized tests and assessments, including Career Matchmaker
- Keep track of their career and educational exploration activities
- Record their extracurricular activities, hobbies, and interests
- Document their community services and work experience
- Develop their four-year high school course of study plan
- List awards and recognitions they have received
- Document learning services and programs they have participated in
- Upload related files, such as essays, scanned artwork, and letters of reference
- Create personalized, professional-looking resumes
The Individual Learning Plan (ILP) is fully integrated with the Career Cruising career guidance system. Career Cruising is an Internet-based career exploration and planning tool your child uses to explore career and college options and develop a career plan. Career Cruising can be accessed from school, from home, or wherever your son or daughter has access to the Internet. The Web address is http://www.careercruising.com/ilp
Features of the program include:
World-renowned assessment tools to help your child identify his or her career interests, skills, abilities, and learning styles.
- CAREER PROFILES
Thorough and up-to-date information about hundreds of different occupations, including direct links between careers and related college programs.
- MULTIMEDIA INTERVIEWS
Interviews with real people in each occupation, which add depth and realism to career profiles.
- COLLEGE AND FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
Comprehensive college and financial aid information, with a number of useful search tools to help your child find the right college and the right scholarships.
- EMPLOYMENT GUIDE
Advice for all stages of the job search process, including developing a job search plan, networking, writing resumes and cover letters, preparing for interviews, and adjusting to a new job.
- INDIVIDUAL LEARNING PLAN (ILP)
An online portfolio where your child can develop and reflect on his or her academic, personal, and career exploration activities, and make plans for the future.
- RESUME BUILDER
Integrated with the ILP to help your child create, format, and print professional-looking resumes quickly and easily.