Click here for a printable copy of dress code.
STUDENT DRESS AND APPEARANCE
• The wearing of any attire, cosmetics, accessories, presentation of extra-ordinary personal
appearance, or any unsanitary body condition, which in the judgment of the principal
significantly disrupts school work, interrupts scholastic endeavors, or threatens the
health of any pupil or staff member, is prohibited.
• Shorts, skirts and dresses must extend to or beyond a modest length such that
undergarments cannot be seen when sitting or bending (at locker for instance).
• Tights (leggings) cannot be worn solely as the bottom garment; they must be covered by
another garment that extends to or beyond a modest length such that undergarments
cannot be seen when sitting or bending (at locker for instance). The covering garment
must not be see-through, have slits, or holes that are above the knees.
• Pajamas and flannel lounge pants are not permitted.
• Sagging and baggy pants are not permitted.
• The torso must remain covered so that no cleavage is visible and the midriff is covered
while standing in a normal posture. Shoulder straps must be at least (3) fingers wide.
• See-through, cut-away style garments (such as racer backs), plunging necklines/backs or
garments with holes in them above the fingertips are not permitted.
• Tank tops and muscles shirts are not permitted. Boys’ shirts must have a sleeve.
• Upper body garments shall be required at all times, including at extracurricular events.
• No undergarments should be visible.
• Shoes must be worn at all times. House shoes/slippers are not permitted.
• Hats, caps, bandannas, hoods or headdresses are not permitted unless they are necessary
for health, safety purposes or cultural/religious requirements and have prior
• Sunglasses or tinted prescription glasses are not permitted to be worn inside the school
building without a medical excuse; a doctor’s note must be presented beforehand.
• Inappropriate symbols, pictures, advertisements on article of clothing, item of jewelry or
the body is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, the promotion of alcohol,
tobacco, drugs, illegal substances, gangs or vulgarity or that is sexually explicit or
racially/culturally inappropriate. Anything that is perceived to be degrading and
offensive to others is not permitted. This includes but is not limited to the following:
Malcolm X, Confederate Flag, Nazi Swastika, gang symbols, etc.
• Hair shall be clean and well groomed. Distracting extremes are not permitted.
• Trench coats, dusters, or full-length overcoats are not permitted to be worn in the school
building during regular school hours. (7:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.)
• Chains and/or jewelry, which may present a safety hazard or are distracting when
misused, are not permitted.
THIS DRESS CODE IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE WARREN COUNTY BOARD OF
EDUCATION’S DRESS CODE.