Welcome to the Home of the Dragons!
What a great time to be a DRAGON! As we close up our first quarter of the 2017-2018 school year, it is always a great time to reflect on the accomplishments of the school year thus far.
1) KPREP scores are in and WCHS is ABOVE the state average in 3 of the 4 accountable categories: College & Career Readiness, Graduation Rate, and Gap. This is a reflection of our hard-working staff, proud students, and supporting Central Office staff!
2) WCHS just wrapped up Homecoming Activities as we celebrate WCHS's 50th year. Congratulations to Senior Tiffany Taylor on being named Homecoming Queen.
3) WCHS hosted our 3rd annual Block Party on September 27th. This event continues to grow in order to build a sustainable partnership with our community and stakeholders. This year we hosted over 1500 community members - the most we have EVER had!
4) Our Student Ambassador group recently completed a full day training on building their Leadership Capacity and we are all excited about the opportunities these fine young adults will bring to WCHS.
5) Our student attendance rate is over 95% as a whole, which is above the rate this time last year. Also, teacher attendance is at 98%.
6) Student discipline data is much lower than it was this time last year as well. This is a reflection of effective instruction and expectations.
7) Our new WCHS branding is a showcase of our school spirit and a reminder of our vision statement (see below).
Through the on-going growth and development of Warren Central Faculty and Staff,
OUR students will be equipped to be
PRODUCTIVE, SUCCESSFUL and COMPETITIVE
in any healthy venue they CHOOSE.
To accomplish this shared vision, Warren Central High School, along with all stakeholders, will utilize the following CORE VALUES:
Be where you are supposed to be
When you are supposed to be there
Doing what you are supposed to do
The way you are supposed to do it
Pursue on-going growth and development
Initiate and nurture positive relationships
Exercise humility -- have a "Humble Swagger"
Choose a joyful attitude
Once we, starting with me, embrace these values,
we will become A PIECE of the success of Warren Central High School.
Principal Warren Central High School