Jody Richards Elementary Staff is committed to preparing our students to be successful scholars and citizens based on the following belief statements.
- All students deserve a safe and respectful place to learn.
- All students must be offered engaging learning opportunities with a focus on a rigorous curriculum
- Fair does not always mean the same. Equitable and differentiated instruction must be implemented for all students.
It is the mission of Jody Richards Elementary to begin with the end in mind to become college, career, and citizenship ready.
Facts About Our School:
- Jody Richards Elementary School (JRES) opened its doors for the first time in August 2012.
- We serve preschool - 6th grade students.
- JRES has been identified as a High Performing School by the KY Department of Education, ranking in the top 10% of schools.
- Our staff works hard to challenge our students daily with a rigorous curriculum that will prepare them for a successful transition into middle school.
- JRES feeds into South Warren Middle and High Schools.
- JRES has a very active PTO and volunteer program.
- We are fortunate to have a strong partnership with Western KY University, which allows us to host many pre-service teachers in our classrooms.
- JRES also has the support of our local Chamber of Commerce and the Bowling Green community as partners in the Leader in Me initiative. As a leadership school we have a strong focus on service learning projects throughout the school year.
- JRES offers a wide variety of options for our students to Sharpen their Saws through many extra curricular activities. We also provide a Sharpen the Saw Club time once each month during the school day to allow every child to be a part of an enrichment activity of their choice.
- JRES strives daily to develop strong citizens who excel academically, have problem solving people skills, and who know the importance of serving others in their community.
- 2100 Elrod Road, Bowling Green, KY 42104
- Phone: 270-904-1901
- Fax: 270-904-6469
- Twitter: @JresRockets
- Facebook: @JRESrockets