Our school’s mission is to ensure our students gain essential 21st Century workplace and life skills. Our students are beginning with the end in mind to become college, career, and citizenship ready for their futures. One important way we are helping them to become better citizens is by offering them many service learning opportunities throughout the school year that impact our local community and across the world.
Some of our Service Projects throughout the past years:
- Lions Club Eye Glass Collection
- Jump Rope for Heart (Am. Heart Association). Our school raised more than any other school in the entire state in 2015 - $23,000! We repeated this state ranking #1 performance in 2016 by earning $26,000 for Am. Heart Assoc!
- Socks for Seniors
- Soles for Souls Shoe Drive
- Camp Courageous Collections
- Potter Children Home
- Toys for Tots
- Children Books for the local Foundry
- Holiday Cards for Medical Center patients. These are created on different holidays and delivered to the patients by Med. Center vols.
- Water Well Project ~ This is an on-going project. Our goal is to raise enough money to build one well through the Water Project, a non-profit organization that brings fresh water to communities across Africa. We are about 1/3 of the way toward our goal! To help answer your own question, “Water you doing to make the world well?” and contribute to our cause, click HERE.